How big is the environment, how many server licenses are you talking about
here?

Just so I get this right, this is your process?

When hardware failure occurs, backup software restores to a VM.
When new hardware is in place, you backup the VM and restore to new
physical hardware?

My first thought would be to get volume licenses and setup KMS. I believe
this would solve the whole problem.

Christopher Bodnar
Enterprise Architect I, Corporate Office of Technology:Enterprise
Architecture and Engineering Services
Tel 610-807-6459
3900 Burgess Place, Bethlehem, PA 18017
christopher_bod...@glic.com

The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America

www.guardianlife.com