From: jnat...@hotmail.com
To: ntsysadm@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: RE: [NTSysADM] RE: P2V DC
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 19:00:50 -0400

+1
new DC, DCPROMO, old DC demote, and export / import print servers (assuming
there are dozens or hundreds) otherwise recreate

Jean-Paul Natola

From: standl...@net-venture.com
To: ntsysadm@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [NTSysADM] RE: P2V DC
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 22:14:56 +0000

One of the DCs is file/print/DNS, the other is a DC/DNS server, it also had
Exchange 2003 but that was migrated off to a new 2010 server a while back.

I see the reason for what you’re suggesting and the only arguments I can come
up with is that P2V would save me from having to reconfigure client device IP
settings, and building the new DC.
I guess it boils down to whether or not I’m willing to take the risk of
something going wrong with the conversion.

Thanks.