I’m not really looking to convert the VDI VMs themselves, I’m looking at what’s
required to duplicate the ESX hosts in Hyper-V.

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world...

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Steven M. Caesare
Sent: Thursday, June 8, 2017 11:54 PM
To: ntsysadm@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [NTSysADM] RE: VMware to Hyper-V transition

I recently used the MS VMConverter tool to move half a dozen VM’s from an ESXi
4.x infrastructure to Hyper-V.

The GUI tool didn’t like the thin-provisioned disks, so I didn’t get the actual
machine definition to convert as it choked and backed out. But the associated
Powershell cmdlets converted the vmdk’s to vhdx’s just fine. Added them as
disks to newly provisioned Hyper-V VMs and they booted right up. A little
network tweaking as a result of the VMWare tools removal, and I was in business.

-sc