I'd like some advice, please. So this past weekend, we applied our monthly
updates, and for the first time, half of my servers applied them using a
scheduled installation time from my WSUS v3 server. And yes, the patches
were applied, the servers rebooted, no human intervention needed. Yay!

BUT ... some servers then came back saying that another patch needed to be
installed (apparently on some servers, the June Monthly Quality update
failed, hence why it's still waiting to be installed). What that means is
that this coming Sunday, those servers will apply this waiting patch and
reboot (which I don't want to happen, because it's outside of the monthly
maintenance window).

I might be able to apply that patch offhours, before next Sunday.

So how does everyone else handle this issue - the issue of installing a
patch, and then having another patch now needing to be installed, or - as
with me - a patch that failed to install the first time attempt to re-try?
So how to avoid having the server reboot the next weekend, during a
non-scheduled window?

Thanks