Very good points/questions, from you and Webster.  I will go back and see if I
can get further clarification of what they really want.  VDI has been a
buzzword thrown around here for years, but I was approached last week by my
supervisor and told to look into it, but no real scope.

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of James Rankin
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2017 8:55 AM
To: ntsysadm@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [NTSysADM] RE: VDI options

I suppose it all depends on your use case for "VDI". Would a published desktop
from a server do or does it have to be full fat client VDI for licensing or GPU
reasons? Does it have to be on-premise or cloud? Citrix and VMware both have
many pricing options now, which could be more palatable depending on what else
you want with it (application packaging, profile management, etc.)

We are a partner with Parallels, Citrix and VMware FWIW. I suppose a more
detailed breakdown of your actual VDI drivers would allow me to give a more
in-depth response.

Cheers,

[cid:image001.png@01D21FCA.D5DD9850]
[cid:image002.jpg@01D21FCA.D5DD9850]
[cid:image003.jpg@01D374BE.9B5CB9F0]

James Rankin CTA ACA vExpert
Technical Evangelist / Media Hound
Howell Technology Group
Office: 0191 4813446
Mobile: 07809 668579
Email: ja...@htguk.com<mailto:ja...@htguk.com>

www.htguk.com<http://www.htguk.com/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/htguk> |
Linkedin<https://www.linkedin.com/in/markhtg> |
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/HTGUK>

COMPANY INFORMATION
Howell Technology Group Ltd is a limited company registered in England with
registered number 5520670 and VAT registered number GB 862 666 004. Our
registered office is at 2.30 One Trinity Green, Eldon Street, South Shields,
Tyne & Wear, NE33 1SA

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message is intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential
information. If you have received this message in error, please send it back to
us, and immediately and permanently delete it. Do not use, copy or disclose the
information contained in this message or in any attachment.

PRIVACY POLICY
For information about how we process data and monitor communications please see
our Privacy Policy.

To log a ticket please follow the link. https://htguk.on.spiceworks.com/portal