On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 4:43 PM, Charles F Sullivan
<charles.sulliva...@bc.edu> wrote:
> I'm not sure why you're using security filtering. Is your objective to only
> have *some* DCs get this policy?

Correct. I can't have all DCs rebooting to install updates at the same
time. So I want 1 to reboot at 4AM, 1 at 5AM, etc. So I have multiple
GPOs, set for different times, and I filter based on group membership,
to stagger reboots.

> If so, as Joe said those servers need to
> get the group membership into their access tokens. Ha! I saved a post which
> says how to do that without rebooting and it turns out it was from you!
>
> I actually used the method you described after I added a server to a group
> about a month ago, so thanks.

You're welcome! Yes, I remembered that tip, too, and so now it is working.

For anyone else:

klist purge –li 0x3e7

This will reset the computer access token (Kerberos ticket), so you
don't need to reboot. Then just do a "gpupdate /force", and all should
be good.