From: James Rankin [mailto:kz2...@googlemail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 01, 2011 8:39 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Error message in logs

Sounds like a problem with Group Policy Objects. What sort of GPOs do you
have applied to this server?
On 1 August 2011 13:32, John Aldrich <jaldr...@blueridgecarpet.com> wrote:
I'm getting an error message in my log files on Server 2003. The log entry
is as follows:
Security policies were propagated with warning. 0xb : An attempt was made
to load a program with an incorrect format.

The error message says to search Microsoft for "troubleshooing 1202
events." Well, apparently my search is f-ed up right now, because I can't
FIND anything on Microsoft's websites about this error! The closest I can
come is a KB article from Windows 2000 Server which includes commands that
don't work in Windows 2003 (registry editing and then issuing a "secpol
/enforce..." command, which is invalid in Windows 2003.)

When I look at the security log file, I see the following error: "Saturday,
July 30, 2011 9:23:58 AM
Error 11: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
       Error creating database.
----Configuration engine was initialized with one or more errors.----"

Anyone know what the hell is going on here and how do I fix it? I've *tried*
Googling, and that's not producing many results. Matter of fact, Google is
how I found the Windows 2003 issue.

It seems oddly coincidental that similar errors occur on whichever of my
servers has Vipre Enterprise Server at the moment. Could be coincidence,
but could be related, in my mind. I will add this information to the ticket
I have open with Sunbelt and see if they have any suggestions.
--
Thanks,
John Aldrich

~ <http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/Business/VIPRE-Enterprise/>  ~

"On two occasions...I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr Babbage, if you put into
the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able
rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such
a question."

***** IMPORTANT INFORMATION/DISCLAIMER *****

This document should be read only by those persons to whom it is addressed.
If you have received this message it was obviously addressed to you and
therefore you can read it, even it we didn't mean to send it to you.
However, if the contents of this email make no sense whatsoever then you
probably were not the intended recipient, or, alternatively, you are a
mindless cretin; either way, you should immediately kill yourself and
destroy your computer (not necessarily in that order). Once you have taken
this action, please contact us.. no, sorry, you can't use your computer,
because you just destroyed it, and possibly also committed suicide
afterwards, but I am starting to digress......
The originator of this email is not liable for the transmission of the
information contained in this communication. Or are they? Either way it's a
pretty dull legal query and frankly one I'm not going to dwell on. But
should you have nothing better to do, please feel free to ruminate on it,
and please pass on any concrete conclusions should you find them. However,
if you pass them on via email, be sure to include a disclaimer regarding
liability for transmission.
In the event that the originator did not send this email to you, then please
return it to us and attach a scanned-in picture of your mother's brother's
wife wearing nothing but a kangaroo suit, and we will immediately refund you
exactly half of what you paid for the can of Whiskas you bought when you
went to Pets At Home yesterday.
We take no responsibility for non-receipt of this email because we are
running Exchange 5.5 and everyone knows how glitchy that can be. In the
event that you do get this message then please note that we take no
responsibility for that either. Nor will we accept any liability, tacit or
implied, for any damage you may or may not incur as a result of receiving,
or not, as the case may be, from time to time, notwithstanding all
liabilities implied or otherwise, ummm, hell, where was I...umm, no matter
what happens, it is NOT, and NEVER WILL BE, OUR FAULT!
The comments and opinions expressed herein are my own and NOT those of my
employer, who, if he knew I was sending emails and surfing the seamier side
of the Internet, would cut off my manhood and feed it to me for afternoon
tea.

~ <http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/Business/VIPRE-Enterprise/>  ~