On the otherhand, a bitch-slap can be a healthy and needed aspect of
Apprenticeship.  It makes people think - about thinking for themselves and
to make greater considerations of the details involved with
whatever their question may be - before they ask an incomplete question, or
try to move forward with an incomplete thought again.

This list, while very friendly, has been more tolerating than recently than
in the past of such things.  Not necessarily a bad thing, but also
something notably annoying to many more experienced professionals.  And
there is the rub; this is a bitch-slap, not an act of unprofessional -
because this is not a professional forum.  This forum is highly social, and
a bitch-slap is a social adjustment.

--
Espi