I know there are those of you that have had success with this == connecting
and syncing a PDA/smartphone with Outlook on Vista/Windows 7.  So, what is
the trick to making it connect reliably? I get one connection and sync per
installation of the Windows Mobile Device Center software.  I can remove
WMDC and reinstall and finally get it to connect and sync. I remove the
device and try again later - with or without a reboot -  and Nothing. No
connection and no recognition of the device. The device is a 2 year-old HTC
8525 with WM5 that has been reliably connecting and syncing with an XP box
for 2+ years. At least I can get some kind of communications with Win7.
That's a huge improvement over Vista with which I NEVER got a connection at
all. With XPpro the connections were pretty consistent, and whenever it lost
connectivity, I just had to reboot both devices and it would re-establish a
connection and function normally for while again. Nothing seems to help WMDC
get going again - short of a removal and reinstallatin of the whole thing.
The device shows in the WMDC app but flat refuses to do anything with it.

This should not be this difficult - I'm sure I'm just missing some kind of
setting change and all will be well. I just can't seem to stumble on what to
change. Do I have to bump the device up to WM6 or WM6.1 to get this to work?

/Rant
Why can't Microsoft get this right? For $#!* sake, they wrote both halves of
the software and even they can't make the, never to be cursed enough, thing
work. Can you tell the frustration level is climbing? This kind of crap
never happened in the ten years I was running Palm devices. (even though
Palm had major digitizer issues)
/rant off

Any help would be greatly appreciated as the XP box is in dire need of a
rebuild and I really would like to go to W7.
Len Hammond
CSI:Hartland
lenhamm...@gmail.com