OK.  I reset the phone with the reset button. What they call a soft reset.
Not the hard reset with the power button held down while touching the reset
button that results in total data loss. No joy.
So now I'm back to removing the software and reinstalling with the device
reset.

Len Hammond
CSI:Hartland
lenhamm...@gmail.com