You could always get some work experience with an AV vendor as they have
to at least write those kb articles showing how to *attempt* to clean up
;o)

Honestly, removing malware isn't likely to ever be a certification as
it's not a recommended best practice - this is becoming more and more
the norm as time goes by.  Yes, I know a whole bunch of you are going to
say that you couldn't possibly afford the resource to rebuild every
machine that gets infected, but the simple fact of current malware now
is that one infection normally means a large dropped payload of varied
and persistent Trojans.  That machine should not generally be trusted
again.

Now I worked in a regulated sector, so it's easy for me to make sweeping
statements about best practice, but I think over time attitudes will
change.  System restore must become easier.  Personal backup must become
easier.  Connectivity will become more prevalent and high speed
(potentially an enabling function for the previous two points).

What I could very much recommend to you Justin, if you are genuinely
interested in malware and security, is that you have a look at the GIAC
training/certifications on the SANS website.  Depending on your level,
there is some base training you may want to consider such as the GSEC.
However if you're specifically interested in malware and fairly
knowledgeable already, you might want to consider the GREM (GIAC Reverse
Engineering Malware):

http://www.giac.org/certifications/security/grem.php
http://www.sans.org/security-training/reverse-engineering-malware-malwar
e-analysis-tools-techniques-54-mid