I keep finding conflicting results on this, so I'm looking for expert insight.

I mentioned yesterday that I have a RAID 5 array that has a handful of corrupt
files. Chkdsk in read-only mode shows:

"CHKDSK is verifying files (stage 1 of 3)...
File record segment 575200 is corrupt.0 file records processed)
2953600 file records processed.
File verification completed.
832 large file records processed.

Errors found. CHKDSK cannot continue in read-only mode."

Is it safe to run chkdsk /f on a RAID 5 array? Not chkdsk /r-I know I don't
want chkdsk looking for bad sectors. But is the /f parameter safe?

John Hornbuckle
MIS Department
Taylor County School District
www.taylor.k12.fl.us

NOTICE: Florida has a broad public records law. Most written communications to
or from this entity are public records that will be disclosed to the public and
the media upon request. E-mail communications may be subject to public
disclosure.