From: Ben Scott [mailto:mailvor...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 11:08 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Chkdsk on RAID 5

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 8:41 AM, John Hornbuckle
<john.hornbuc...@taylor.k12.fl.us> wrote:
> Is it safe to run chkdsk /f on a RAID 5 array?

  It's no more or less safe than running it on a single disk.

  (Which is to say: The filesystem is already damaged.  You've probabbly
already lost data.  CHKDSK will almost certainly fix the errors on the
filesystem.  It's theoretically possible for CHKDSK to make things worse,
although in practice that is exceedingly rare.
Backups are always a good idea.  This product is sold by weight, not be volume.
 Void where prohibited.  Be kind to animals.  Brush after every meal.)

-- Ben

NOTICE: Florida has a broad public records law. Most written communications to
or from this entity are public records that will be disclosed to the public and
the media upon request. E-mail communications may be subject to public
disclosure.