A Friday 16 January 2009, Sebastian Haase escrigué:
> Hi Francesc,
> this is a wonderful project ! I was just wondering if you would /
> could support single precision float arrays ?

As I said before, it is doable, but I don't know if I will have time
enough to implement this myself.

> In 3+D image analysis we generally don't have enough memory to effort
> double precision; and we could save our selves lots of extra C coding
> (or Cython) coding of we could use numexpr ;-)

Well, one of the ideas that I'm toying long time ago is to provide the
capability to Numexpr to work with PyTables disk-based objects.  That
way, you would be able to evaluate potentially complex expressions by
using data that is completely on-disk.  But this might be a completely
different thing of what you are talking about.

Cheers,

--
Francesc Alted