Sturla Molden wrote:
> On 2/12/2009 1:50 PM, Francesc Alted wrote:
>

>> Hey!  That's very nice to know.  We already have OpenMP support in
>> Cython for free (or apparently it seems so :-)
>>

> Not we don't, as variable names are different in C and Cython. But
> adding support for OpenMP would not bloat the Cython language.

What I meant was "bloat the Cython compiler", i.e. Cython has to know
about OpenMP and there must be OpenMP-specific code in the compiler. The
grammar etc. wouldn't change.

But I think I'll be able to lobby it in, given a good spec and some time
to implement it (about a day of work, so I think this is likely to
happen within a year).

As Cython must understand what is going on anyway, having things like
"with cython.openmp.parallell" is actually a lot easier to implement in
Cython than using comments/pragmas, and looks nicer too IMO. (It means
that only code generation and not the parser must be modified.)

Dag Sverre