Le 15/02/2012 04:07, Bruce Southey a écrit :
> The one thing that gets over looked here is that there is a huge
> diversity of users with very different skill levels. But very few
> people have an understanding of the core code. (In fact the other
> thread about type-casting suggests that it is extremely few people.)
> So in all of this, I do not yet see 'community'. But the only way you
> can change that perception is through actions.
Hi Bruce,

I agree with the "skill issue" you raised. My own experience being :
1) For some years, I've been a quite heavy user of numpy and various
scipy modules.
     Zero knowledge of the numpy code
2) I recently (November 2011) subscribed to numpy & scipy ML.
     Going through the various topics coming every day, I feel like I'm
learning more & faster.
     I'm now browsing numpy's GitHub from time to time.
3) Now I see regularly messages about topics like datetime(64) and NAs
about which I feel I could share my  ($.02 !) views as a user or as a
potential user. But in the end I don't write anything because the issue
is so complex that I feel both lost and silly.

I have no solution to propose, so I try to keep on learning...

--
Pierre