On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 3:37 AM, Matthew Brett <matthew.br...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>  It looks like
> 99% of Windows users do have SSE2 though [1].  So I think what is
> required is
>
> * Build the wheels for 32-bit (easy)
> * Patch the wheels to check and give helpful error in absence of SSE2
> (fairly easy)
> * Get agreement these should go up on pypi and be maintained (feedback
> anyone?)

+Inf

It would benefit the community a LOT to have binary wheels up on PyPi, and
the very small number of failures due to old  hardware will be no big deal,
as long as the users get a meaningful message, rather than a hard crash.

-Chris

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

chris.bar...@noaa.gov