On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 2:15 PM, Steve Waterbury
<water...@pangalactic.us> wrote:
> On 01/15/2016 05:07 PM, Matthew Brett wrote:
>>>
>>> I attribute
>>> some of the conda-ignoring to "NIH" and, to some extent,
>>> possibly defensiveness (I would be defensive too if I had been
>>> working on pip as long as they had when conda came along ;).
>>

>> I must say, I don't personally recognize those reasons.  For example,
>> I hadn't worked on pip at all before conda came along.
>

> By "working on pip", I was referring to *developers* of pip,
> not those who *use* pip for packaging things.  Are you
> contributing to the development of pip, or merely using it
> for creating packages?

Sorry - I assumed you were taking about us here on the list planning
to build Linux and Windows wheels.

It certainly doesn't seem surprising to me that the pip developers
would continue to develop pip rather than switch to conda.  Has there
been any attempt to persuade the pip developers to do this?

Best,

Matthew