Citeren Charles Lepple <clep...@gmail.com>:

Arjen: do we actually have any cases of reports larger than 8 bytes?

Yes. At least the MGE Evolution series uses reports that are larger than 8 bytes.

If so, should we mark this as a quirk for CyberPower devices?

Well, I still don't understand why we can't read with an arbitrary buffer length in the libusb call in the first place. This should be handled by the library (not the application).

Also, it
seems like we need to distinguish between returning 0 and <0 from the
libusb call. Currently, we are reading errno when a zero-length packet
is being read.

This too is broken. If we attempt to read a report and libusb can't return any data, it should at least give us a hint why. I really feel that this should be handled by the library, not NUT.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)