On 11/08/12 06:58, Arnaud Quette wrote:
Hi Massimo and Greg,

@Greg: if you yet returned your unit, you now have a solution ;)
I have not yet gotten rid of it, so thank you very much! It's a case of download, extract, apply patch, and compile on my RPi, correct?
thanks for the effort for the patch!

welcome ;)

    > I took most of this afternoon looking at this issue, and this
    should be
    > fixed with the attached patch
    > It applies fine on 2.6.5, using the following command:
    > # cd nut-2.6.5
    > # patch -p0 < /path/to/xcp-rcv-loop.diff
    > # make
    >
    > I've tested it on a 5110 only currently, so it's not applied to the
    > development tree.
    > for testing purpose, I've also used a byte frame size, to be in your
    > condition (Ie, set the 4th param of usb_interrupt_read() to '8').
    >
    > please tell me back how it behave on RPi.
    > note that I'll probably have to do some code adjustment, and
    obviously
    > regression testing on other units, before committing the patch
    to the main
    > source tree.

    I applied your patch to the 2.6.5 code and run only the bcmxcp_usb
    driver and... I'm not sure that everything is ok.

sorry, I forgot to explicitly request the trace (debug level 5) to validate on my side...

    If I run the driver as "./bcmxcp_usb -u root -a ups" it launches, but
    after a second I get a "Communications with UPS lost: get_answer: not
    the right sequence received 0!!!". However the driver seems still to
    keep running.

    I also tried to start the driver under debug (-DDDD). In attachment
    you can see the output (until I typed ctrl-c), that also include some
    some of the 'communication lost' messages.

the driver runs fine. you should get a good upsc output now.
the "Comm lost" msg are part of code adjustments needed, but the code already handle this fine, and recovers (check "entering get_answer(33)" for example).

could you please confirm this by sending the upsc output, and starting upsmon to monitor on the RPi?
I'll let you know how I go!

Thanks,
Greg