Hi,

On 8/16/06, Lukas Vlcek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have just noticed that there is going on some activity called Tika
(http://code.google.com/p/tika/) and these guys are starting directly
with Maven2 (am I right?).

The Maven 2 choise for the Tika staging ground was purely my personal
choise. I have no problems migrating to a different build system if
needed.

That said, I don't think an Ant build could ever come close to the
descriptive power of the Maven POM like the one in
http://tika.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/pom.xml. Combined with sticking
with the Maven conventions that gives me an instant build environment,
IDE integration, automatic site generation, and all sorts of nice
extra features like automatic DOAP file generation for
projects.apache.org.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

--