I 'm still a new user so although I found it rather easy to get going and
build my own plugin's I have some suggestions.

Yes one thing that I'd like to see is a kind of way to estimate how long
will a certain step (fetch, ...)  will take... something like a progress
bar. Because you launch a step and it can go on for days without knowing it
and perfectly working but still you have no idea when it might eventually
end.

I find the WEB front end rather difficult to change and I lost a lot of time
with the NucthBean for understanding how it works.
Coming from Lucene it took me a while to find out all the limitations it
has. So I haven't played much with NutchSolr integration but from the sound
of it looks more powerfull, simpler that is my concern.
-Raymond-