I have the following configuration and am experiencing an issue where the
log rotates correctly from %LOG% to %LOG%.1 etc... but nxlog continues to
write to %LOG$.1 and not reopen %LOG%. I have attempted to use
logs_out->reopen() and that doesn't reopen %LOG%. Is there something that I
am  missing in this configuration?

==========

Define  LOG             /app/nxlog/logs/loghost-trimmed

<Extension exec>
        Module          xm_exec
</Extension>

<Extension fileop>
       Module   xm_fileop
</Extension>

<Extension syslog>
       Module   xm_syslog
</Extension>

<Input all_in>
        Module          im_file
       File          "/var/log/all.log"
       SavePos       TRUE
       Exec          parse_syslog_bsd();
</Input>

<Processor patterns>
        Module          pm_pattern
       PatternFile      /etc/nxlog.d/loghost-patterndb.xml
</Processor>

<Output logs_out>
        Module          om_file
       Exec             to_syslog_bsd();
       File             '%LOG%'
       <Schedule>
        When    @daily
                Exec    file_cycle('%LOG%', 7);
       </Schedule>
</Output>

<Route logs_route>
        Path            all_in => patterns => logs_out
</Route>

==========

Paul Fontenot
Enterprise Key Management & Public Key Infrastructure | EIST&O | ETS | TOG |
Wells Fargo

2600 S. Price Rd. 2nd Floor | Chandler, AZ 85286
MAC S3939-022
Cell (480) 253-2908

ward.p.fonte...@wellsfargo.com

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you
are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you
must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or
any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please
advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank
you for your cooperation.