From: bounce-37740390-3714...@list.cornell.edu
[mailto:bounce-37740390-3714...@list.cornell.edu] On Behalf Of
rtmand...@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2011 1:20 PM
To: nysbirds-l@cornell.edu
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Hooded Crow continues - 6/26/11

The Hooded Crow continued to put in appearances this morning in the vicinity
of the previously
mentioned fisherman's parking lot. Although it was somewhat skidish, it was
seen repeatedly in and around the dead pine on the right side of the gravel
parking lot. A conversation with a park attendant who cleans the beach
behind the lot revealed that he has seen the bird frequently scavenging dead
fish and garbage all along the beach. Upon learning this my wife and I
walked the beach and were rewarded with a lengthy view of the bird flying
out over the water, almost to the far shore line before it turned and
returned to the wooded region adjacent to the gravel parking lot. Best of
luck if you go. This bird is attracting quite a bit of attention with
birders that I talked with traveling from as far away as Ohio and Illinois.

Bob McGrath

 <http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME> Welcome and Basics

 <http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES> Rules and Information

 <http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm>