Greetings,

If it's at all possible, twitchers should know the location of the bird to
date and at present is far, let me re-emphasize, FAR easier to access by
subway than by automobile.  The roads of Brooklyn are eternally, infernally
congested and free street parking is very limited and pay parking is
expensive.  There are four subway lines that terminate at Stillwell
Avenue/Coney Island subway stop, (the F, N, Q & D trains), and from there
it's a short two block walk straight to the beach.  Once on the beach, one
will find a series of yellow poles (where the gull at times perches).  Just
to the west of these is a fake palm tree sprinkler, another place the gull
has been seen.  (Courtesy of Jim Osterland,* "**Hedging against the faint
possibility that there is someone I might still help, I note that the Wonder
Wheel is a landmark visible for miles, but I might add that the Palm Tree
Sprinkler is here*; 40.572898,-73.979347 - Google
Maps<http://maps.google.com/maps?q=40.572898,-73.979347&ll=40.572906,-73.979364&spn=0.00085,0.001742&sll=40.572913,-73.97938&sspn=0.000855,0.001742&num=1&t=h&z=20>
")

I understand for non-New York City people, subways and mass transportation
can be a bit daunting.  But in NYC, in 2011, our subway system is air
conditioned, fast, safe and in the case of this twitch, far and away the
most convenient access to current location of the Grey-hooded Gull.

Best regards,

John Laver