To Michael's observation re: Park Police.

I personally did not have any encounters but many birders did today.

I have never seen the Park Police this aggressive as I have seen them today
at West End Jones Beach. Some of the reasons some birders were stopped for
bordered on ludicrous.

For example, one car was pulled over and asked why they crossed the lines
in the West End II parking lot. Say what!?!

I hope this is not some new trend developing here because it will make
birding from vehicles very difficult. Imagine trying to study Gulls in the
West End II parking lot and having to worry about crossing over lines.

Cheers,

風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire
山 Steady as the mountain
Sun Tzu <http://refspace.com/quotes/Sun_Tzu>  *The Art of War*
<http://refspace.com/quotes/The_Art_of_War>

(\__/)
(= '.'=)

(") _ (")

Sent from somewhere in the field using my mobile device!

Andrew Baksh
www.birdingdude.blogspot.com