I have encountered this same type of absurd aggressive behavior from them in the same area, but it was also a few years ago. I've thought it might be a particular superior officer who encourages this harassment.

On another occasion, in freezing weather, kids were doing wheelies in their cars in the WEII parking lot, and the cops were nowhere to be found. Go figure.

Ardith Bondi