I spent a few hours each morning this week observing and enjoying the fall migration of Blue Jays over my house along the north shore of Oneida Lake.  I first noticed this phenomenon a few years ago and I now look forward to it every September.   Following are the results of each day, with the number of Blue Jays counted with a few other notable migrants:

Monday, September 21 - 7:05 to 10:00 AM

Blue Jay - 495
Cedar Waxwing - 47
Sharp-shinned Hawk - 3
Merlin - 1
Red-tailed Hawk - 1
Monarch Butterfly - 2

Tuesday, September 22 - 6:50 to 10:00 AM

Blue Jay - 1101
Cedar Waxwing - 30
Eastern Phoebe - 1
Yellow-rumped Warbler - 1
Monarch Butterfly - 5

Wednesday, September 23 - 8:05 to 9:40 AM

Blue Jay - 1014
Cedar Waxwing - 13
Red-bellied Woodpecker - 2 apparent migrants
Canada Goose - 10
Wood Thrush - 1
Rose-breasted Grosbeak - 1
Northern Flicker - 1 migrant
Sharp-shinned Hawk - 3
Monarch Butterfly - 3

Thursday, September 24 - 7:00 to 10:30 AM

Blue Jay - 3044
Cedar Waxwing - 148
Wood Thrush - 1
Rose-breasted Grosbeak - 1
Magnolia Warbler - 3
Black-throated Green Warbler - 1
Eastern Phoebe - 1
Chimney Swift - 2
Sharp-shinned Hawk - 2
American Pipit - 2
Spotted Sandpiper - 1
Greater Yellowlegs - 1
Rusty Blackbird - 1
American Kestrel - 1
Purple Finch - 1
Monarch Butterfly - 10

Friday, September 25 - 7:00 AM to 4:00PM

Blue Jay - 3403
Cedar Waxwing - 55
Canada Goose - 304
Pine Warbler - 1