I visited EPCAL in Calverton in hoping to see the resident blue grosbeak.
While I struck out with the grosbeak, I had a very pleasant morning at this
lovely property, viewing grasshopper and field sparrows, good numbers of pine
and prairie warblers, orchard orioles, flycatchers, and a yellow-billed cuckoo
who, withstanding the traffic on Grumman Blvd and my phone alarm, remarkably
continued c-c-c-c-c-c-c-kowlping for almost 3 minutes, all while being
serenaded by oriole and prairie warbler song.

Here is a link to a video if this, along with a puffy little grasshopper
sparrow, and an eastern kingbird regurgitating a pellet:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/50403904@N03/s64e9Q

Happy summer birding,

Peter