PLEASE HELP:  Community Service at Forest Park this Saturday, March 11, 9
am, Wallenberg Square (Metropolitan Ave and Park Lane South)

Please show some love for Forest Park, Queens!  The park administrator has
asked for birders' help in two volunteer events per year, to show
appreciation for a Parks promise to provide a pole for bird feeders.  The
first event will entail spreading mulch on trails that birders use.  Various
community groups are invited, so at the sign-in, please indicate that you
are a birder so your help can be counted.  Below is an email by the
volunteer coordinator, Mike Moore, of the Friends of Forest Park - that
website lists various other volunteer events.

Nancy Tognan
VP, Queens County Bird Club
www.qcbirdclub.org <http://www.qcbirdclub.org>
nancy.tog...@gmail.com <mailto:nancy.tog...@gmail.com>

                -------------------
                Greeting Queens Birdwatchers:
                The Friends of Forest Park and you will be spreading mulch
provided by NYC Parks on the Park trails.  Please join us at Raoul
Wallenberg Square (Park Lane South & Metropolitan Avenue) on Saturday, March
11, 2017 at 9 a.m.
                We will mulch trails inside the Park including The Watering
Hole, Forest Park's fantastic bird watching area. Mulching the trails helps
to define the trails and make your hiking boots just a little less muddy.
                This family friendly event will run between 9 a.m. to 2
p.m., but feel free to come and go.  We will meet at Raoul Wallenberg Square
and move over to Forest Park Drive (the Closed Road) to begin our fun.
Please join us and bring a friend.
                All tools, gloves and mulch will be provided.
                If you have any questions, please call Mk Moore 917-282-0754
or email  friendsofforestp...@yahoo.com
<mailto:friendsofforestp...@yahoo.com>
                 We can found on our Facebook Group:  Friends of Forest Park
and website www.friendsofforestpark.com <http://www.friendsofforestpark.com>