On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 12:19:44 Paul Bennett wrote:

> This change stacks things in your employers favour. Get professional
> advice and don;t be afraid to push back - you have a legal right to.

Legal right and what's astute/career enhancing are two different things.

I doubt that there is anyone on this list who couldn't be found wanting in
some area - that's why lawyers are so well paid.

> (I've seen amazing things happen when the words "personal grievance"
> were used)

And then many people wonder why it's so hard to find employment in NZ.

Employers only hear that blackmail once or twice, and they get smart the next
time around-

1. Long winded employment procedures

-or-

2. Use of independent contractors