On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 22:20:33 Paul Bennett wrote:
> > Almost every self employed person knows the answer to the above. Look in
> > "Rich Dad, Poor Dad".
>
> Which is a load of crap by the way: http://www.johntreed.com/Kiyosaki.html
>
> Kiyosaki is a crook and has been caught lying more than once. For a
> "rich man" he sure works hard hawking poor, inaccurate, and sometimes
> plain illegal advice.

I am not recommending his book, though the part I was referring to is
certainly legit - just go and read the IRD's website if you want...

Having said that your statement sounds like baloney unless you're willing to
back it up. I have read part of the book and I am not aware of any problems
with it.

Anyway, the crux of the matter is this-

Employees earn money, get taxed and spend the balance.

Companies earn money, spend some and get taxed on the balance.

Go and ask the IRD if you want - they're happy to point anyone to information
outlining several legitimate business-tax deductions that employees can't
access.