On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 11:52:05 Keri Henare wrote:
> "I.T people are not widely trusted"
> Sorry I but really don't agree with that statement at all.

Web developers reputation in the wider world is better then used car dealers,
but not as good as it should be.

The average quality has improved a bit over the last couple of years however
having discussions about how to avoid responsibility for one's work is not
going to endear this industry to the marketplace.

> Additionally, as you are someone who has trusted this mailing list
> full of I.T. people to provide you with free help on many occasions
> instead of paying someone to do the work it's actually a bit insulting
> for you to say such a thing.
>
> Don't bite the hand that feeds you free support Michael.

Do you have a point or would you rather this discussion is swept under the
carpet in case any end customers see it and can relate to it?