Paul Smeulders wrote:

> A quick reminder and request:
>
> puuuuullllleeeeaasse don't use the 'reply to all' when posting back to
> topica. Just a reply to [EMAIL PROTECTED] will do it.
>
> We get a direct mailing for the individually addressed mail, AND a copy of
> the mail from topica. Replying back to topica is enough.

I completely agree with this. But with both Netscape and Outlook,
selecting "Reply" will send the reply to the poster, not to the mailing
list. My fix is to select "Reply all", then delete the original poster,
and any other cc's, from the list. I belong to another mailing list
which does in fact interpret "Reply" as reply to the list - is this a
list setting that can be changed?

> Also, how 'bout trimming down the repeated content, and those blasted
> footers.

And this I think is a problem with Outlook and its habit of top-posting
replies. I wouldn't be surprised if many posters don't actually realise
how much junk is attached to the bottom of their posts because they
never look down there... We are stuck with Outlook at work and I find
this a real chore - there is no setting to bottom-post replies (well I
can't find it), so cutting & pasting is about the only way, and even
this doesn't work properly if the original email is in html.

If there is anyone out there who has a better fix I'd love to hear it.

--
Peter James
Ottawa, Ontario

------
Club Office:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]  (613) 230-1064