My 2 cents on this topic is why change a good thing when it's not needed?
If the NCC adds building around the area which could create more traffic or
add road signs and it makes it difficult for us to ride a proper TT, then
it'll be time to look for another course.....but until that happens, I say
we stay put.
This is the 4th TT course since I started riding 15k TT's in 87 and the
reasons for changing a course has always been a factor of road
changes.......such as stop signs or light intersection added to the course
(which didn't give us a choice) but since this is a parkway, I don't think
that will ever happen there. So why even think of changing?  What we maybe
could do is put in a word to the NCC that it would be nice to have the road
re-paved.  I mean doesn't the OBC contributes money to the NCC for the use
of the road for our TT's?  Therefore we should have a say.

Cause finding a new course is not easy, there are a lot of factors involved,
having it central enough for all 4 corners of the city.  You need a lot of
parking space, facilities, look at the security aspect of the course and
easy access by bicycle for those that don't drive. When you look at all
this, this course is the best, we have a free parking lot, it's easy access
by bicycle along a picturesque route, the road offers a good shoulder where
riders should ride (that's another subject) and we have the museum that
always welcomes us to use their facilities, what more can we ask for?

I'm over my 2 cents but I'd like to add that instead of commenting on
changing a course because of a few bumps on the road, why not volunteer for
the event and you'll get the idea that this course is well situated for
running such an event when you have 80 plus riders to look after.  I for one
would like to see one year where volunteers come forward instead of always
having to ask.  So having said that...let's kick off the season on Good
Friday with the wind at our backs and plenty of volunteers :-)

PS: I have to say that I have volunteered on Good Friday for well over 13
years and this year I'm moving on that weekend and I really should be
finishing my packing but chances are I'll still be there.

Cheers,
Monique M.

------
Club Office:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]  (613) 230-1064
Web/mailing list: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.cyberus.ca/~obcweb
Newsletter:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.cyberus.ca/~obcweb/Newsletter