From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: August 11, 2002 12:57 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED];
[EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Report from the happy adventurer

Hi all,

Phase 1 of adventure was officaly over on Aug/3/02. That's when I arrived in
St John's NF.

Some brief Stats:
Victoria to St John's 7,230 kilometers.
Hours in the saddle     438
Days in the saddle       62

I dumped 1/2 of my bottle of "Mile -0- Pacific water", that I pedalled
across the country, in the St'John's Harbour and the other half on top of
signal hill. Yes I pedalled up there with all off my (80 llbs of gear) load.
So now my load is approx 6 ozs (of sea water) lighter and I guestimate
approx 15 llbs less body weight. It's amazing, my pot belly is almost
disapeared.

Phase 2:

I then proceeded to find a large enough parking lot to make a U-Turn with my
rig and started to head back West. Today, Sunday Morning, I arrived in
Halifax. Really the Maritimes are a dream to cycle through. I plan on
spending a few days here to visit the city as this is the first time that
I've been in Halifax.

I'm also having an argument with myself on wether I should get transported
back to Ottawa or cycle back!!!!... The cycling is so enjoyable that I may
just decide to do that. If I do I'll be making my way to Yarmouth NS, Ferry
to Portland Maine, over the Appalachians and back to Ottawa via Cornwall.

This has been such a pleasant experience. I've met so many strangers whom I
cycled with, and they became friends. I've had many experiences, most good,
but of course a few bad ones, those I tend to put aside and forget real
quickly.

I'm staying in a Residence in Dalhousie University during my stay in
Halifax.

Keeping this short for now, however, as those of you who know me well
enough, you know that I'll have plenty of stories, anecdotes and tons of
pictures to show, when I get back, sometimes around the end of August.

Miss you all and looking forward to seeing you all when return.

Andre

Club Office:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]  (613) 230-1064
Website: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.cyberus.ca/~obcweb
Newsletter:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]