Earlier this season I had pointed out, to the OBC
Board, the lack of TT results on the OBC website. I
was told, at that time, that it was being developed
and we should all be more patient. Since Celia had
(and has!) continued to independently produce
excellent
quality result pages and since it appeared that
development of the official TT pages had hardly
started, I suggested that, at least until the work
was complete, a link be made from the OBC web to
Celia's result pages. My suggestion was ignored, and
at one point there were no updates to the official TT
result pages for more than a month of our competetive
season.

We have now had almost a whole season of TT's,
and most members of the club have mostly viewed the
results from Celia's link that she sends out each
week.  The reality is that Celia is supporting the
club member requirements, and is certainly recognized
within the membership for her superb work and
dedication, though it seems unappreciated by the
OBC board.

If the OBC board is unwilling to appreciate the TT
results we did have (which I feel were second to none
of any bicycle club sites), then I would recommend
that the TT keeper position be an elected position.
You know where my vote will go.

Advantages of Celia's site: colour coded for easy
viewing and picking out relative placements; links
from each line detail to access other grouping
information (by category, name, or speed); timeliness
of data onto the site; weather details; proper seed
sheets; BAR calculations; ABC results; complete and
accurate results (i.e. all categories (I notice the
PeeWee is missing from August 8 official results - too
bad, as I think it's great to encourage the young
cyclists); complete volunteer lists (once again, we
can't survive without volunteers, and they should
always be recognized)); there may be more issues, but
I sure haven't done an in depth search).

I am a user of this information, appreciate having it,
and knowing that we have had the quality support from
Celia, certainly would not expect that we need to take
a step backwards as technological capabilities
generally takes steps forward.

Michael

Club Office:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]  (613) 230-1064
Website: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.cyberus.ca/~obcweb
Newsletter:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]