  From: Klaus Ripplinger
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 2:18 PM
  Subject: delete relation in indirection-table

  Hi,

  my problem: how to delete a relation when using "Non-Decomposed m:n Mapping".
  After removing an object from a collection (RemovalAwareCollection) and
  saving the object
  (PersistenceBrokerFactory.defaultPersistenceBroker().store(Object o)) not only
  the relation is deleted but also the ralated object, i.e. the one
  that has been removed from the collection. Can this be avoided? F.e. i don't
  want to delete a 'project' when removing a 'project' from 'user'. Only the entry
  in the
  indirection-table that mapps projects to users should be deleted.

  Regards
  Klaus

  collection xml:
  <collection-descriptor
     name="projects"
     collection-class=
        "org.apache.ojb.broker.util.collections.RemovalAwareCollection"
     element-class-ref="com.imd.paris.base.Projects"
     indirection-table="user_projects"
     auto-delete="false"
     auto-update="true">
     <fk-pointing-to-this-class column="user_id"/>
     <fk-pointing-to-element-class column="project_id"/>
  </collection-descriptor>