>From my experience of using both (i ended up doing an ODMG -> OTM
conversion!):

Note that i dont any of the more complicated stuff - just storing object
trees, collections, etc, and querying the database. Also i dont use locking
atall (one thing odmg does better i believe).

Go with OTM.

ODMG uses ODMG queries (sql like queries for selecting objects).
OTM use a criteria classes for querying.

I find OTM to be simpler, but more code intensive.

ODMG is slower - Ditching ODMG and moving to OTM speeded up our app by about
5x!!!!!

Doing complex (nested to several degrees "a.b.c...") in OTM works - i never
got it working in ODMG.

Daniel.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jean-Francois Beaulac [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 07 April 2004 17:03
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Newbie Question : OTM or ODMG

Hi , i'm a real OJB newbie and I wonder which API should I use, i
searched the mailing list and read the entire documentation on the
website (i didnt read the entire JavaDoc of course) but i wasn't able to
find a great comparison between the two APIs.

It would be very usefull to me if somebody could post the main
differences between both APIs

Thanks
Jean-Francois Beaulac
trainee programmer @ www.beetext.com