El dimarts, 31 de gener de 2023, a les 16:23:43 (CET), Ingo Klöcker va
escriure:
> Hi Okular devs,
>
> as you may have seen there is now a way to publish your application semi-
> automatically on the Microsoft Store:
> https://blogs.kde.org/2023/01/16/neochat-published-microsoft-store
>
> Aleix suggested that you could give it a try, so that I can get feedback
> what should be improved.
>
> The idea of the script is to use the information from the AppStream data
> additionally to the .appxupload package so that one does not have to fill in
> the information manually.
>
> Comparing the AppStream data for Okular with the information published in
> the Microsoft Store I'm seeing the following:
>
> * The Microsoft Store contains only a listing in English. The script would
> create listings for all languages (supported by Microsoft Store) for which
> there is a translation of the description in the AppStream data.
>
> * The description in Microsoft Store seems to be identical to the
> description in the AppStream data, but without the list of Features.
>
> * The list of Features in Microsoft Store seems to be identical to the list
> of Features in the description in the AppStream data.
>
> * What's New? in Microsoft Store contains "Updated to <version>". In the
> AppStream data the first (newest) release entry has no description. Quite
> frankly, "Update to <version>" isn't really very helpful information for the
> users. Listing new features would be much more interesting (for all
> consumers of the AppStream data).

I used to add links to the changelog (i.e. https://kde.org/announcements/
changelogs/gear/22.12.0/#okular), if the last one doesn't is because i got
bored

> * There are 5 screenshots in Microsoft Store which are different from the
> screenshots referenced in the AppStream data. On one hand this allows using
> Windows-specific screenshots for the Microsoft Store. On the other hand you
> miss the opportunity for translated captions which are provided by the
> AppStream data. Maybe consider using the same screenshots because I guess
> that the look of Okular on Windows shouldn't be that different than the one
> on Linux except for different windows decorations.

I think this is a big deal for Windows users, they are already scared enough
installing some weird app, worst if we show them the wrong window decoration
in the screenshots.

Maybe we can use custom tags for the windows screenshots?

https://community.kde.org/Guidelines_and_HOWTOs/AppStream#KDE_customs_tags

Cheers,
  Albert