On Donnerstag, 2. Februar 2023 23:31:29 CET Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El dimarts, 31 de gener de 2023, a les 16:23:43 (CET), Ingo Klöcker va
> escriure:
> > * There are 5 screenshots in Microsoft Store which are different from the
> > screenshots referenced in the AppStream data. On one hand this allows
> > using
> > Windows-specific screenshots for the Microsoft Store. On the other hand
> > you
> > miss the opportunity for translated captions which are provided by the
> > AppStream data. Maybe consider using the same screenshots because I guess
> > that the look of Okular on Windows shouldn't be that different than the
> > one
> > on Linux except for different windows decorations.
>
> I think this is a big deal for Windows users, they are already scared enough
> installing some weird app, worst if we show them the wrong window
> decoration in the screenshots.
>
> Maybe we can use custom tags for the windows screenshots?
>
> https://community.kde.org/Guidelines_and_HOWTOs/AppStream#KDE_customs_tags

Custom tags seem to be limited to key-value pairs. An alternative would be to
add the Windows screenshots to the screenshots tag, but without type="default"
(or any other type) and instead with platform="windows" (Harald opened an
issue for this some time ago: https://github.com/ximion/appstream/issues/390).

We will have to change the generator for apps.kde.org to skip screenshots
without default type if we don't want to see Windows screenshots on
apps.kde.org.

BTW, I don't see the Windows screenshots in
https://cdn.kde.org/screenshots/okular/
Where are they "hidden"?

Regards,
Ingo