El dimarts, 14 de març de 2023, a les 22:30:38 (CET), Shivodit va escriure:
> Hello,

Hello, please write a Subject to your emails.

> I am a college student planning to contribute to KDE for GSoC '23, by
> taking on the task of improving Okular on Android. I have the following
> questions:
>
> 1.  What will be the use case of implementing the Android AFontMatcher
>     font API?
>
>     Initially I had tested a .pdf file in Okular for Android, and the
>     text in that file did not load at all. So I assumed that this API
>     would help to find the correct fonts in such situations, so that
>     text content could be properly shown.

Exactly.

>     However, now I am not sure - I tried some other pdfs with text,
>     and all of them rendered the text correctly. The issue with font
>     rendering only occurs when viewing the earlier mentioned pdf file.
>     If I use the "Print to file" option to create a duplicate of the
>     problematic pdf, the duplicated pdf loads correctly on Okular for
>     Android. Weirdly enough, the same problematic pdf renders correctly
>     when opened in desktop Okular.
>
> 2.  Since the AFontMatcher API will be implemented in the Poppler backend,
>     I was wondering in which files/directories the programming work
>     would be done.
>
>     Initially I assumed work would be done in the generator/poppler
>     directory of the Okular repo, but that turned out to be incorrect.
>
>     After some digging, I stumbled upon the freedesktop Poppler repo,
>     (https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/poppler/poppler and it contains)
>     the code files for the Qt5 Poppler interface. I'm guessing the work
>     will be done here?

No, the code will not be in the Qt5 Poppler interface, keep digging your
almost there.

> 3.  This is a bit off-topic, but why is the pdf mentioned above having
>     trouble with text rendering? All other pdfs with text content render
>     correctly, but only this specific file has trouble with loading on
>     Android Okular but it gets shown correctly everywhere else, including
>     other pdf viewers on Android. I can send the pdf if someone
>     would like to take a look at it.

Without the PDF I can only guess is because the PDF doesn't embed its fonts.

Cheers,
  Albert

> Thanks,
> Shivodit