On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 10:34 AM, jessamyn c. west <jessa...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> We finally have an ongoing spam cleanup process that is automated and
> not just me going through and deleting spammers.

Yay!  Does that mean I can cross the spam classifier off my todo list?

> We closed up a bug in
> the system which would allow banned spammers to keep spamming until
> their current login session ended which is HUGE for our ability to not
> only stay on top of things but ensure that the bans and deletes we are
> doing are actually solving the problem.

It appears that thanks should go to volunteer Charles Horn
<https://github.com/hornc> for closing
<https://github.com/internetarchive/openlibrary/pull/275> this loophole.
THANK YOU!

> Please let us know if you
> notice new patterns of spamming happening that don't seem to be being
> caught.

I'll send a few more that I noticed to the ol-tech list, but have you
considered changing the "Report Spam" flag so that it feeds into your
automated pipeline rather than creating an email that a human has to deal
with?  That would probably streamline things and provide valuable ongoing
input to your automated process.

Tom