  From: d...@kvederis.com
  To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, August 31, 2013 11:35 PM
  Subject: [old-chevy-truck] to restore or not to restore - just getting started

  I have a 54 Chevy 3 window.  The original owner was a Texas farmer who kept
it for 40 years with no major changes to the truck - it is well worn but very
original. I bought it 20 years ago and stored it until my retirement a few
months ago.   It is time to restore it and I am on the fence about whether to
1) keep it as close to original as possible (for example 6 volt electric), 2)
do a modest upgrade (for example 12 volt/ add a radio/change door locks/etc) or
3) really goose it up (for example, go V8 short block/stick on the floor/ lots
of chrome/etc.  My goal for the truck is to have a great looking and reliable
daily driver that I can leave to my son someday.  I might drive it in the local
fourth of July parade but it won't be entered into a Concours d'elegance
competition. I am neither a collector nor car restoration enthusiast but I do
appreciate well done restorations and fine paint jobs. I came across and joined
your old-chevy-truck group. I am very open to hearing your opin
 ions and suggestions.  Thanks!  Dave