Hi All

I think I posted something on this a few months ago.  I continue to have a
noise that I believe is coming from the lower part of my engine - maybe in the
oil pan area.  The noise is a rattle or bang that is pretty noisy when I first
start the engine but decreases as I rev the engine but then returns at idle.  I
have a 1954 full pressure 235.  The oil pressure remains normal even when
driving the truck and the temp is ok.  Can an oil pump make this sort of noise?
 The engine was completely rebuilt about 2000 miles ago by a top notch
mechanic.  I've added a link to a youtube video so that everyone can listen to
the noise.  You'll hear a slight pinging but it's the banging noise that has me
concerned.  Here's the link:  http://youtu.be/irrv-cUrsV4

Thanks for everyone's help.

Ken
1950 3100 Deluxe