I can't hear it well enough to discern what it is but if you remove one spark plug wire at a time , when the bad cylinder is disconnected , the banging should stop .

-Nate

        Ken Wrote :

Hi All

I think I posted something on this a few months ago.  I continue to have a noise that I believe is coming from the lower part of my engine - maybe in the oil pan area.  The noise is a rattle or bang that is pretty noisy when I first start the engine but decreases as I rev the engine but then returns at idle.  I have a 1954 full pressure 235.  The oil pressure remains normal even when driving the truck and the temp is ok.  Can an oil pump make this sort of noise?  The engine was completely rebuilt about 2000 miles ago by a top notch mechanic.  I've added a link to a youtube video so that everyone can listen to the noise.  You'll hear a slight pinging but it's the banging noise that has me concerned.  Here's the link:  http://youtu.be/irrv-cUrsV4

Thanks for everyone's help.

Ken
1950 3100 Deluxe