Hi,

I have set up a rather simple RSF-1 project, where two RSF-1 nodes connect to two storage heads via iSCSI. I have deployed one network and two disc heatbeats and I was trying all sorts of possible failures, when I noted that one node would panic, if I offlined an iSCSI target on one storage node and thus shutting down one side of a zpool mirror completely. Issueing a zpool status would't return and after a while the host got nuked.

I then onlined the target again and waited until the node returned and than removed the local iSCSI initiator on the RSF-1 node instead, which resulted in a degraded, but functional zpool and this time, the node didn't get nuked.

What is the difference between these two approaches and can I setup my systems such as that offlining a target doesn't lead to this behaviour? I'd imagine, that a target failure might as well occur as any other sofware fault.

Thanks,
Stephan