Hi All

Unfortunately, I was not able to get out in the field today and am not sure
if the Townsend's Solitaire was seen again today.  However, I can report
that it was seen late in the afternoon yesterday by some of our staff.

I would like to clarify a little better the directions to the trail the
bird was sighted on.  You can access it two ways.

Option 1 - Park at DeLaurier and take the trail east of the barn south, you
will find that it hooks up to one of our new footpaths in the park -
Ander's Footpath.  This trail will take you across a small section of
field, to the old road bed.  The trail is still marked with orange flagging
tape, like the seasonal trails in the spring.  This is the only way to
access the trail from the north - you should not try and access it from the
main road.

Option 2 - there is a small parking area across from White Pine picnic area
where you can park.  Here you can take the Chinquapin Oak trail east
towards Tilden's Woods and the Cemetary.  When you reach the bench and a T
junction, turn left and follow the path north.  You will pass the brown
gated entrance to the cemetary and continue on north.

The old maintenance compound entrance still has remnants of the gravel
driveway and you will see the open field area where the compound used to
be.  I would like to remind people that this area is closed to the public
and should not be accessed.  The cedar trees in question are just north of
that old driveway.

The Visitor Centre is currently closed during the week -- however, I have
place our birding brochures in the front foyer of the building (which is
always open) and posted a map which indicated the location of the bird.

Happy birding and please do not hesitate to contact me if you are in the
park or have any questions at 519-322-5700 ext. 13

Sarah

Sarah Rupert
Sr. Park Interpreter/Education Coordinator
Point Pelee National Park of Canada
Leamington, Ontario
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

[EMAIL PROTECTED]