At 4:24 PM -0800 on 12/28/99, Alain Farmer wrote:

>> 2 : group solidarity in sentiment and belief
>
>Alain: Exactly!  I particularly like this definition
>of consensus because it conveys the spirit of what I
>mean when I use the term consensus.

Maybe I should look up solidarity....

Anyway, I'd just like to point out that a definition like this is _very_
hard to work with. When you say 'unanimous', you can objectivly determine
that. When you say '60% of those voting/those present' you can objectivly
determine that. When you say 'a consensus' and don't mean a unamity, you
can't objectivly determine that. If you disagree, please give a method.