>That said, the more I get into it the more similarities i see between it and
>our favorite descendant of Pascal... (which i am dabbling in because well i
>have to program with what i have not what i want... i have lots of 'vintage'
>software because well its all i can afford. I do not have MPW because I cannot
>download to the Universities IBMs and then tranfer 20 DISKETTES to my
>unaccellerated 68030)

Hi,

 sounds disadvantageous... well, I still have an old (MacOS 7.0) copy of
MPW which I have compacted to fit on 3 1/2 disks. 11MBs only. But it's only
C...

>Well will a dialect of xTalk ever get real arrays? There is an XCMD out there
>and I know MT allows associative arrays (whatever that is)
>but i would like to have a nice array as a standard feature. I do not think
>that is much to ask for. Is it?

 Certainly. These associative arrays merely mean that you can use strings
instead of numbers as indices. FWIW, Joker has infinite-dimensional
associative arrays and they work beautifully (if I get that write-to-NULL
bug out of TextMunger...). I'm sure Anthony will have no problems adding
array support to NuInterpreter and saving arrays might even be possible
fairly easily using XBlockFile.

 Just keep your fingers crossed we're successful in hunting bugs.

Cheers,
-- M. Uli Kusterer

             http://www.weblayout.com/witness
       'The Witnesses of TeachText are everywhere...'